Monday, March 21, 2011

ArtWork From Wings & Family Genealogy

Lately, We've been working on a BIG Scanning project, taking all the photos from grandma's house, scanning them and labeling them. It's a BIG task. There must be hundreds of photos. 
I have always been interested in heritage & genealogy.  Most recently on Ancestry.com, I have to admit its pretty cool, and if you don't mind paying the monthly or yearly fee its a great resource.  For those of you who would rather do it less expensively, there is always the LDS website.

OK, I admit - when I say "we or I" I really mean my mother, she has found some fascinating stuff on ancestry - I just read it!

But I really do have a witch in the family- I come by it naturally! 

One point I want to make, whether you are a "journalor" or not (personally I am the latter)..... PLEASE, Label your layouts with at the very minimum the date, the name(s) of the people in the photo and possibly where the photo was taken.. The "why and what" are great too but as we are finding out the hard way, people forget, and when you are gone and no one can tell you who the family members are in the old photos, part of your heritage or your great-grandchildren's heritage is gone!



Please enjoy the here and now..... Go make some memories.......

Hugs!