Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Getting Organized

Happy New Year!!!

Some of you have asked me for organization tips for my supplies, so I thought I would give you a sample of some ideas to get you started. I will address these items weekly for the next 6 weeks.  This should give those of you who want to get started some time to find space in your busy schedules.  Remember, these are just the things that work for me.  Feel free to use or modify in a manner that works for you.

Week 1 ....... Cardstock
Week 2 ....... Background (B&T) or "patterned paper" and /or "kits"
Week 3 ....... Stamps
Week 4 ....... Stamp pads
Week 5 ....... Embellishments
Week 6 ....... Tools

Good Luck! Let's get started.

1. Cardstock

If you are like me, you may have several different types of cardstock... Companies/thicknesses/ colors.  For me, arranging them in by color/shade works best.  My CTMH colors are arranged in Cropper Hopper Vertical Storage Containers on my bookshelves. 




The other vendors, Basic Grey or Bazzil are in hanging file folders by color.  I started by seperating my "retired" colors from my current colors.... these will be sorted into my Paper Packs that coordinate with them, so everything will be in the same place eventually.  (Remember, do what works best for you!)  During the sorting period, take a moment and jot down any colors that you are running low on.... I found out I was out of BLACK cardstock, smack dab in the middle of a project!! lol.  You can also use this process to start a product inventory notebook... Google this online if you are interested - you will get many hits!
Some have templates that are free to print. Others have digital versions for purchase.

Next week - Patterned Paper (kits) or "B&T